Two bulletins are posted below from the Bargaining Committee, detailing the ongoing issues BTS members are facing.
First bulletin talks about the consecutive DOR's and how BTS has decided to schedule using the 6x4 model. Resulting in some members losing some guaranteed regular hours due to uncontrolled overtime.
Second bulletin details issues involving part time employees not being scheduled their quarterly weekend properly and overtime/regular hours not being paid out correctly
Announcement from the National, looking for local members to participate in two events taking place in June in Niagara;
Pride in the Park Festival: June 9th 1200pm to 1030pm in Montebello Park in St. Catharines
Welland Rose Festival Parade: Sunday June 24th
Details on both events are in the attached document
The BTS tentative agreement has been ratified. With 50.24% of members who voted, voting yes. For the official announcement CLICK HERE
The new tentative agreement will take effect on May 7, 2018
The date for the Niagara Ratification meeting/roadshow is February 26th. It will be held at the Peninsula Inn in Niagara Falls and run from 7pm to 11pm.
BTS members will be able to vote on the tentative agreement (available here) and ask questions of the bargaining commitee.
The Address of the of the Peninsula Inn is:
Peninsula Inn Resort
7373 Niagara Square Drive
Niagara Falls, ON
CLICK HERE for directions
The Transervice Joint Bargaining Committee has reached a tentative agreement. CLICK HERE or the preview below, to read the official announcement
BTS officially starts bargaining on Wednesday, December 6, 2017. As bargaining updates flow down they will be posted here as quickly as possible. Our own local president Shawn Cowan is one of four members chosen to be on the bargaining committee representing Ontario (Quebec is at the same table, with it's own members).
Bulletins listed below, with the newest on top:
- 2018-02-14 :: Ratification meeting set for February 26th, 7pm to 11pm @ the Peninsula Inn in Niagara Falls
- 2018-02-13 :: Tentative Agreement Highlight Sheet
- 2018-02-06 :: Tentative Agreement Reached
- 2018-02-01 :: January 31st deadline reached
- 2018-01-16 :: Bargaining Update on Work Life Balance
- 2017-12-20 :: BTS Bargaining Update conclusion of Toronto bargaining session and schedule for Montreal session
- 2017-12-08 :: BTS Bargaining Update Dec 8, 2017
- 2017-12-05 :: Letter announcing bargaining opening
This is an update from Tyson Siddall the Director of Telecommunication for Unifor about the upcoming BTS bargaining
- Bargaining will begin on December 4th towards a deadline of January 31, 2018
- Tripartite Agreement has been extended until January 31, 2018
- Collective agreement still expires on May 6, 2018
- No strike or lockout can commence before June 7, 2018
Below are links to the minutes of the settlement of BTS national policy grievances and the new averaging of hours agreement.
NOTE: Both of these agreements will be explained in person, with both union and management present. Any questions will be answered then.
The bargaining proposal forms for the upcoming BTS contract in 2018 are available to be filled out by all BTS members here.
Electronically filled out forms must be printed and signed. They can then either be deposited in the box located at the BTS work centre on Dunlop or scanned and emailed to the local.
Proposals must be submitted by September 25, 2017
You could also attend the next scheduled union meeting on September 11, 2017 @ 7:00pm and drop the form off in person.